10 Facts About CBD
10 Facts You Absolutely Must Know About CBD
The CBD craze is in full swing. Spurred by a huge uptick in online sales, CBD oil is being discovered bypeople around the country. Here are ten facts you need to know about CBD:
1. CBD products are made from cannabidiol, which is one of more than 100 compounds known as
“cannabinoids” that occur naturally on the cannabis plant.
2. The cannabis plant has been grown, harvested and used by humans throughout history as a
drug, as a useful material, and for a variety of other purposes.
3. Cannabis plants also produce tetrahydrocannabinol, known as THC, which is the compound that
produces a “high” when inhaled or otherwise consumed.
4. CBD does not have an intoxicating effect the way THC does. In fact, when consumed together,
CBD works to limit the psychoactive experiences associated with THC.
5. Consumption of CBD oil typically produces a calming effect on most users.
6. Both CBD and THC are found in trichomes, which are the source of an oily resin that exists to
protect a cannabis plant from threats such as fungus, heat and even insects.
7. Hemp, which is used as a material in everything from textiles to paper, is a low-resin variety of
the cannabis plant that has low levels of THC, and is therefore more widely legalized for growth
8. Some of the methods for obtaining CBD oil from cannabis include ethanol and hydrocarbon
9. An increasing number of people are experimenting with CBD-rich products as a therapeutic
response to a variety of maladies, including anxiety, depression, sleeplessness, pain,
inflammation, Crohn’s disease and more.
10. Not all CBD oil is of the same quality, so it’s important to find a trustworthy source for CBD